Đây là Vocabulary Test đã được thi trong 1 kỳ Chứng Chỉ ECPE (Michigan Proficiency). Các bạn làm rồi post đáp àn lên phần phản hồi. Anglomaniac sẽ post đáp án đúng sau. Thời gian làm là 25 phút, số điểm cần đạt là 28/40 (70%).
01. He got the job even though his skills were _______
to those of the other applicants.
02. When choosing the new chairperson, _______ that
the past three have all come from the accounting
a. see to it
b. look out for
c. keep in mind
d. ask around
03. The government _______ the use of seat belts
in all cars.
04. I think Kim would be great for the job. Her work
record is _______.
05. John will likely _______ as head of the department
when the semester ends.
06. The company that Joan works for is _______ with an
automotive company, so she can get a discount on
a new car.
07. Vacation policies continue to be a source of _______
between management and the workers.
08. I can tolerate olive oil, but I just _______ olives.
09. The _______ customer upset many of the
10. The lecturer restated his main point, _______ that
the current approach has been a failure.
11. Regular exercise increases the _______ of living a
long and active life.
12. Mr. and Mrs. Johnson were _______ by the hotel’s
13. I asked Joe if he’d told me everything, but he
wouldn’t give me _______ answer.
a. a subconscious
b. a straightforward
c. an unstructured
d. an unmistakable
14. Our employees are promoted on the _______ of how
well they do their work.
15. We _______ unexpected results in our latest
16. These colors look good on you because
of your dark _______.
17. Although she didn’t like the gift, she thanked
18. We need more people of Tom’s _______ working
19. The journalist’s conclusions were _______,
according to many critics.
20. In order to be successful in life, one needs to
_______ in spite of life’s challenges.
21. The school is _______ a lot of changes now that the
new director has arrived.
22. Many buildings in the city were damaged by the
_______ wind storm.
23. The dean _______ the requirement that each student
write a thesis.
24. We constructed the _______ for our project with his
theory in mind.
25. Mary’s decision to retire had _______ effect
a. a profound
b. a fervent
c. an absolute
d. an insistent
26. I like my relatives, but I can handle them only in
27. The managers will discontinue the product if its
costs continue to _______.
28. Larry _______ forgot where he’d left his keys.
29. My new bag is so _______ that I can take it
30. Research indicates that eating a better diet
may delay the _______ of certain diseases in
31. John was not selected _______; he was chosen for
the job because he had the most experience.
32. The food at that restaurant was excellent, but the
service was only _______.
33. We couldn’t hear the singer because of a loud
_______ in the balcony.
34. The differences between the male and female of this
species become more _______ with age.
35. The doctors don’t know if the treatment will work
because they’re not sure about the _______ of the
36. The committee thinks that Jim’s plan has a
lot of _______.
37. Every January 1st, Beth resolves to live a healthier
life, but _______ she returns to her old habits.
38. Even though many different languages are spoken in
the United States, the _______ language is English.
39. The director stood up from the table, _______ the
end of the meeting.
40. Marion uses her money wisely. She never
spends money _______.
--> Đây là đáp án của Vocabulary test này: 1B 2C 3D 4A 5A 6C 7D 8C 9C 10A 11C 12C 13B 14B 15D 16C 17A 18A 19D 20B 21D 22D 23A 24C 25A 26B 27D 28D 29C 30A 31D 32C 33b 34C 35B 36C 37D 38C 39A 40A.
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|